EcoYoga Jute 4mm Mat Review: 100% eco-friendly mat !
Summary of reviews
More and more yogis are turning away from cheap PVC yoga mats towards eco-friendly options. The EcoYoga jute mat is a 100% natural and non-toxic yoga mat from plant-based materials. The base features pure rubber that prevents sliding and sticks to the floor. The top of the EcoYoga mat contains a mix of jute (hessian) fabric and rubber for a non-slip surface with a firm grip. We especially like that the surface feels sticky and cushy despite the natural materials. The tactile texture is smooth and soft without too much roughness. The EcoYoga jute mat has 4mm thickness which gives good support and padding for knees and elbows without compromising firmness and connection with the floor. On the downside, the EcoYoga mat may not be suitable for those with an allergy to latex and emits a strong rubber odour in the beginning.
- 100 % natural and non-toxic
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable (however, it is unclear where the rubber is harvested from)
- Excellent grip and non-slip surface with a sticky feel
- Good support and cushioning
- Quite durable
- Contains latex and emits a strong latex odour in the first months
- Occasional shedding
Best dealsback to menu ↑
- Category: Yoga mats
- Materials: the EcoYoga Jute yoga mat is 100% natural and biodegradable. The base features pure natural rubber to ensure a solid grip with the floor. The top has a mix of rubber and jute (hessian) fabric. Dubbed the “Golden Fiber”, jute is a soft vegetable fiber that makes strong threads. It is one of the most biodegradable fibers and can be recycled many times. The combination of rubber and jute makes the yoga mat eco-friendly, but also ensures a non-slip surface with a solid grip.
- Thickness: 4mm, provides a good balance between support and firmness.
- Length: 6ft (around 180 cm), an extra long XL version of 7ft (around 210 cm) of the EcoYoga Jute mat is also available.
- Weight: 1.8kg / 4lbs (EcoYoga also offers lightweight 2mm mats)
- Made in the United Kingdom