Jade Harmony Yoga Mat Review: excellent non-slip & eco-friendly mat!
Summary of reviews for Jade Harmony Mat
Jade Harmony yoga mat is an environmentally-friendly rubber yoga mat that doesn’t contain PVC, EVA or other synthetic rubber. It features an open-cell rubber surface with light ridges that provide a truly excellent traction both in dry and wet conditions, especially, for intense yoga styles. However, the mat is not the best choice for hot yoga, because it absorbs moisture. Jade Harmony is one of the grippiest mats on the market, and its traction doesn’t decrease with time. Its non-slip surface firmly connects with any floor and prevents sliding. The 5mm thick mat gives good cushion and support without sacrificing stability and balance. Jade Harmony is a good all-round mat that combines incredible grip, comfort and stability without being as heavy as other eco mats, such as Manduka eKO. On the downside, the mat is less durable than Manduka eKO because of its open-cell surface that will tear down over time. Some customers didn’t find the mat very durable, as it shedded rather quickly (after about a year). The open-cell surface really absorbs all the moisture, which can breed bacteria, while the ridges collect hair and fluff, so the mat needs to be cleaned regularly. In addition to Jade Harmony’s eco-friendly makeup, Jade plants a tree for every mat sold. Although the mat is 99% latex free, the company advises to avoid it if you have a latex allergy. Make sure not to expose this mat to direct sunlight, as it will deteriorate faster.
- Excellent grip and non-slip surface - one of the grippiest and stickiest mats
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable (however, the mat contains some man-made components)
- Great cushion and support, while ensuring stability
- Ready to use right away, no break-in required
- Rolls up very easily
- Might collect hair and fluff, needs regular cleaning
- Emits some rubber odour (although less than other rubber mats)
- Not suitable for yogis with a latex allergy
Key characteristics of the Jade Harmony mat
- Category: Yoga Mats
- Material: The mat is made from biodegradable natural rubber. It does not contain PVC, phthalates, heavy metals or flame retardants and is FDA-approved (certified as rubber that can be in close contact with food). However, the German magazine Öko-Test found some nitrosamines when testing Jade Harmony. Nevertheless, the amounts were very low and according to Öko-Test, these nitrosamines are not harmful unless ingested.
- Thickness: 5mm yoga mat
- Length: Standard: 173cm x 61cm / 68” x 24″ Long: 180cm x 61 cm / 71’’ x 24” Extra Long: 188cm x 61cm / 74” x 24’’
- Weight: Standard: 2.2kg / 5lbs
- Made in USA